Notes for authors
- MYCOLOGIA BAVARICA publishes original works on the taxonomy, systematics, morphology, ecology and floristics of fungi. The main emphasis, though not exclusive, is to be given to the Bavarian fungal flora.
- The manuscripts submitted will be checked by the editor and possibly passed on to other qualified reviewers for assessment.The editor will advise authors of acceptance or rejection of their articles and, where appropriate, of any changes required. Authors have no legal claim to publication. Articles may be written in German, English or French. The method of quoting scientific names, authors and specialist literature is to be taken from the examples in the present volume. It is required that the texts be grammatically and stylistically sound. The editor can be of assistance in producing summaries in English where required.
- The following layout is required for the headers: German (English, French) title - name and address of author - English (German) title - English keywords, English summary - German summary.
- The following structure is recommended for the body text: introduction - main part (including macroscopic and microscopic descriptions) - results and discussion - material and methods - expression of thanks references. The main part should be structured in sections with subtitles.
- Three copies of each manuscript are to be submitted on standard pages (30 lines a 60 keystrokes, double line spacing) or preferably two copies plus electronic data media (floppy disk) with ASCII file, WinWord document or PageMaker document (with file format indicated appropriately). Authors receive two proofs and are requested to check and send them back by return of post.
- Illustrations (drawings or photographs) are very welcome, but the editor cannot guarantee publication of colour photographs in each case, because the number of colour plates per edition is limited by costs. Drawings should be done in black ink on white card or transparent paper. The scale should be indicated in each case. Photographs are to be submitted as slides or sharp, glossy prints. Drawings and colour plates are to be numbered consecutively (Fig.1, Fig.2 etc.) with captions.
- The corresponding author will receive 30 free offprints.
- Samples of the collections published in the essays should be deposited in a public herbarium such as the State Botanical Collection Munich (M).
- Until further notice MYCOLOGIA BAVARICA is to be published once a year, subject to change.
- Manuscripts for the next edition are to be submitted to:
Dr. Christoph Hahn, Grottenstr. 17, D-82291 Mammendorf